RETIRED 1141:     

 
  Rescue Unit

1979 Ford Rescue

The original rescue truck for South Whitehall Township, this truck was purchased new by Cetronia Ambulance in October 1980, for approximately $80,000.  This truck was the second Heavy Rescue certified unit in the area at the time. 

Cetronia Ambulance brought in Harvey Grant, a rescue specialist to train the first 17 volunteers and bring them up to a Vehicle Rescue Certification.  The unit was manned by these volunteers through the early 1990's until staffing problems finally forced the organization to sell the truck and switch responsibilities to the fire department.  Greenawalds offered to buy the vehicle and from then on provided primary coverage for any rescue operations in South Whitehall Township, and mutual aid to the surrounding area.

In 2006 the unit was replaced and this truck was donated to the Tangipahoa Parish Fire District #1 out of Amite, Louisiana after hurricane Katrina hit the department hard.

 

^The new and old rescue trucks

^1141 Leaving for its new life in Louisiana

 

^The old 1141 at a SADD event

 

Copyright 2007 Greenawalds Fire Company  Site design by Steven SnyderTerms of Use